“To discover, integrate, translate, and disseminate knowledge to enhance social, business and agricultural systems through natural resources and environmental stewardship, and economic and social well-being, thereby improving the lives of people in Guyana and the Caribbean”
“Moulding minds for effective service to the society and development”
- Passionately pursuing excellence and innovation across all functions, using a team approach for solving complex problems to serve the common good.
- Fostering diversity, multicultural understanding, cross cultural competency, and an atmosphere of mutual respect.
- Demonstrating integrity, honesty, openness, shared responsibility, and mutual accountability.
- Engaging students and stakeholders through listening, experiential learning, and problem solving.
- Stewarding resources responsibly and sustainably.
- Nurturing personal and professional growth and development.
- To provide training and education for all at the tertiary level at an affordable price and in an environment conducive to learning.
- To build an institution widely recognised, at a regional, national and international level, as a world leader in research and teaching
- To conduct research across all academic departments which makes a significant contribution to the extension of human knowledge and understanding
- Through our teaching and research programmes to equip our graduates with the necessary education and skills to make a significant contribution to the economy and to society as a whole
- To recruit students and staff with outstanding potential and to provide the best support and facilities to foster teaching, learning and research of the highest quality
- To serve our local and regional communities through the provision of excellent teaching, training, cultural and employment opportunities
- To exploit opportunities for collaboration and partnership with other HEIs, educational institutions, commercial and non-commercial partners
- To strengthen and diversify our activities in the fields of industrial and business liaison, innovation, exploitation and entrepreneurialism, thereby supporting economic growth and regeneration
- To continue our policy of making a high quality and challenging College education available to all those who are capable of benefiting from it, regardless of economic or social circumstances.